Bismillah

MY BLOG


Jumaat, Julai 24, 2009

Who is Mum (Mom)






JUST A MUM?
A woman, renewing her driver's license at the CountyClerk's office,

was asked by the woman recorder to state her occupation.
She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself.

'What I mean is, ' explained the recorder,
'do you have a job or are you just a ...?
''Of course I have a job,' snapped the woman.
'I'm aMum.
''We don't list 'Mum' as an occupation,
'housewife' coversit,

'Said the recorde remphatically.

I forgot all about her story

until one day I found myself

in the same situation,

this time at our own Town Hall.
The Clerk was obviously a career woman,
poised,efficient, and possessed of a high sounding title like,'Official Interrogator'
or 'Town Registrar.
''What is your occupation?' she probed.
What made me say it?
I do not know.
The words simply popped out.
'I'm aResearch Associate in the field of Child Development and HumanRelations.
'The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in m midair and
looked up as though shehad not heard right.
I repeated the title slowly emphasizingthe most
significant words.
Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement
was written,in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.
'Might I ask,' said the clerk with new interest,
'just what you doin your field?
'Coolly, without any
trace of fluster in my voice,
I heard myself reply,

'I have a continuing program of research,
(what mother doesn't)
In the laboratory and in the field,
(normally I would have said indoors and out).
I'm working for my Masters,
(first the Lord and then the whole family)
and already have four credits (all daughters).
Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities,
(any mother care to disagree?) and
I often work 14 hours a day,
(24 is more like it).
But the job is more challenging than most
run-of-the-mill careers and there wards are
more of a satisfaction
rather than just money.'
'There was an increasing note of respect in the
clerk's voice as she completed the form, stood up,
and personally ushered me to the door.
As I drove into our driveway,
buoyed up by my glamorous new career,
I was greeted by my lab assistants -- ages 13, 7, and 3.
Upstairs I could hear our new experimental model,(a 6 month old baby)
in the child development program,testing out a new vocal pattern.
I felt I had scored abeat on bureaucracy!
And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished
and indispensable to man kind than 'just another Mum.
'Motherhood!
What a glorious career! Especially when there's a title on the door.


Does this make grandmothers'SeniorResearch associates in the field of Child Development and
Human Relations'

And great grandmothers
'Executive Senior Research Associates?
'I think so!!!

Ialso think it makes Aunts'Associate Research Assistants.

'Please send this to another Mum,Grandmother,Aunt,And other friends youknow.

May your troubles be less,Your blessing be more,



And nothing but happiness come through your door!

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

Ingin belajar sesuatu..

http://www.starfall.com/ Learn to Read with phonics www.starfall.com A free website to teach children to read with phonics. For preschool, kindergarten, and first grade. Exciting phonics games and online interactive books. http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en home | LearnEnglish Kids | British Council learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org Welcome to new LearnEnglish Kids! All your favourite games, songs, stories and activities are here - you can have fun and learn English too! You can search for your favourites, orhave a look at the new Explore sectionand find out where everything is. Kalau nak alih bahasa melayu ke english dan sebaliknya hanya perlu copy and paste di http://www.citcat.com/ tapi lepas tu kena sesuaikan ayatlah kadang2 bercelaru sikit, enjoy A multipurpose portal enabling searching and surfing of real-time translated text and web pages. Surf the Internet in your own language! Dalam banyak buku , buku "rich dad and poor dad" banyak memberi kesan peribadi .Yang ulat buku tentu dah baca, dah 10 tahun kot buku ni terjumpa ebook pdf free kena download http://www.middleastpost.com/87/rich-dad-poor-dad-pdf-download/ . nak cepat2 download sebelum moderator delete. enjoy.. Rich Dad , Poor Dad pdf zip rar download www.middleastpost.com download rich dad poor dad for free zip rar pdf are available Free Arabic Language Course, Learn Arabic, Arabic Tuition www.madinaharabic.com Madinah Arabic - Free Arabic Course, Arabic Language Lessons, Forum and 1-to-1 tuition. Learn Classical–Qu’ranic, Modern Standard, Business Arabic and Islam. untuk peminat tv3 tonton rakaman kegemaran anda http://mobile.tv3.com.my/;jsessionid=wGOdK7q7FsQI1LrFPz2F8Q** Percuma software untuk menapis unsur2 lucah di internet diminta kawan2 yang ada internet tu download lah sebagai kawalan dari anak2 kecil dari terdedah... tapi bapa jangan risau boleh guna pasword untuk buka semula hehehe http://download.cnet.com/K9-Web-Protection-32-bit/3000-27064_4-10487710.html?tag=mncol . Harap sebarkan pada kawan2 lain sharing is caring. Tambahkan ilmu pegetahuan dengan menonton documentary. macam macam topic ada http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/ Tukartiub mengulas berita semasa secara sinis dan jenaka. http://tukartiub.blogspot.com/ enjoy... Tukar Tiub tukartiub.blogspot.com Web tv tempatan terbaik low broadband pun streming ok tak putus http://www.tvselangor.com/live/channel1/ www.tvselangor.com The best web tv live http://www.mivo.tv/ web ni dari negara jiran kita. heran aku kita kat sini semua pun kena bayar. Nak tengok tv rancangan csi house dll astro pun kira outdated. enjoy.. http://tvshack.net/ TV Shack - tune in tvshack.net Welcome to tvshack.net, watch movies, tv shows, cartoons, standup comedy and documentaries free!

Harapan Tanpa Suara - Kami Perihatin.

Kelahiran - Anugerah Yang Tidak ternilai Untuk Seorang Wanita.

SOLAT

AL IKTIROF

TAUBATAN NASUHA

AYATUL KURSI

DOA-DOA HARIAN

DOA QUNUT

QASIDAH ISTIGHFAR

TELL ME WHY -DECLAN GALBRAITH - a children's tribute